The benefits of dental bridges are numerous. A Prime Dental dentist in Grand Prairie has all the tools needed to install dental bridges of any kind.
- They can restore your smile so that there are no longer gaps between teeth. This can help build confidence in patients and increase their quality of life.
- Bridges can also correct problems with chewing or speaking due to lost teeth.
- Bridges help maintain the jaw structure so that you do not prematurely age due to missing teeth and jawbone.
- Your bite will be evenly distributed so that you can bite properly and do not put a strain on certain areas of the mouth.
- Bridges keep your existing teeth from shifting out of place and into the gap that has been left by missing teeth. This can cause spacing issues and alter your bite pattern and ability.
Types of Bridges
There are different types of bridges, but the three main ones are listed below.
- Traditional Bridges. Traditional bridges involve a Prime Dental dentist creating a crown or implant on either side of the area missing teeth. These are the most common type of dental bridge and they are either made of porcelain that is fused with metal or ceramics.
- Cantilever Bridges. These are used when adjacent teeth are missing. They are not very common, and if your missing teeth are in the back of the mouth these bridges may not be used as there can be too much force exerted on teeth.
- Maryland Bonded Bridges. These are made of porcelain fused with metal, porcelain, or plastic teeth with gums attached that are supported by a foundation of metal.
If you have missing teeth, Prime Dental in Grand Prairie can restore your teeth with quality dental bridges that look like natural teeth.